Random Posts

Header Ads

Patrick Vieira reveals hurt at not being offered a coaching role with former club Arsenal when retiring as a player


Patrick Vieira has revealed his disappointment at being snubbed for a coaching role at Arsenal upon retiring as a player back in 2011.
The midfielder, a legend among the Gunners faithful, won three league titles with the club in 1998, 2002 and 2004 before moving to Juventus a year later.
Following spells in Turin and Milan, Vieira returned to the Premier League for a short spell with Manchester City, where he is now the club’s reserve team coach.
However, upon speaking about the time he called it a day Vieira, a World Cup and European Championship winner with France, explained his hurt about not being approached about a return to the Arsenal fold.
“Had he wanted me to work alongside him, he would have asked me,” said the 38-year-old.

'They behaved disappointingly': coaching snub hurts Arsenal legend
Arsene Wenger chose not to give his former captain a role upon his retirement (Picture: Reuters)



“Both the club and Arsene have behaved disappointingly towards me. Everywhere I go people ask me why Arsene didn’t give me the chance to work with him.
“It was out of the question to offer my services. Why would I have done it?
“When I stopped playing I had an offer from City, and I did not get any phone calls from Arsene.

“I gave Arsenal a great deal, just as the club and Arsene gave me a lot.”


Post a Comment

0 Comments